Our Response to COVID-19
Dear Valued Customer,
At Fairview Garden Center, our purpose is to provide our community the opportunity to create and experience joy through gardening. We are passionate about gardening and providing you with the plants, products and services you need to create your own oasis and improve your mental and physical health. Uncertain times can create stress, so now is the perfect time to get outside and breathe in some fresh air, soak up some vitamin D, and dig in the dirt. Your back yard can become the bright spot that brings joy to your day.
Based on the current guidelines, we will continue to operate during our regular business hours Monday – Saturday 9am-6pm, Sundays 1pm – 5pm. We are thankful to have served our community for over 46 years. During this challenging time, we know many are seeking some normalcy in their day to day lives – we hope our valued community will continue to support our small business and enjoy this beautiful time of year outside. We will continue to update as other necessary changes are made.
We ask that you take the following steps before and during your visit:
- Please only visit if you are feeling well and do not have a fever
- Please maintain at least six feet of personal space between other customers and staff
- Please only touch what you intend to buy
- We prefer no cash transactions
Our focus has always been on the well-being of our customers, our staff and their families and that focus is an even bigger priority today. As the spread of COVID-19 continues to be a concern across the country, we want to share with you the preventative measures we’re taking to assure you can confidently shop with us.
- Shopping cart sanitation stations are set up throughout the store. Staff will continue to sanitize carts throughout the day. Nursery carts will still be available and will be sanitized as well.
- Doors that are not automatic will remain open. We will maintain this extra airflow measure if cool temperatures will not be detrimental to the plant material.
- Doors, doorknobs, counters, and high traffic areas will be sanitized throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in the retail area
- Staff members will be required to sanitize regularly throughout the day.
- Social distancing between staff and customers will be required
- When visiting, please only touch the items that you will be purchasing.
Finally, if you can’t come to the garden center to shop we are offering other options. Just give us a call to discuss your gardening needs and you can pick up curbside or we will be happy to deliver your order.
We encourage you to shop from home. Please remember that the images and information on our website and blog do not necessarily reflect availability. Please call, email or fill out a contact form to confirm availability and place orders. This is still a work in process so please be patient.
Easy ways to make an order for pick up or delivery:
- Fill out a contact form located on this page or our Contact Page
- Contact us through any of our social media accounts
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Due to an influx of online orders, please allow 3-5 days for order processing.
- We will call or email when the order is complete and ready for pick up.
- Payment must be made over the phone before order pick up.
- Delivery only, either in the driveway or to the front porch, at this time we cannot place any plant material, space things out, or move to the backyard, etc.
- We will not enter any home or business at any point, this is for our safety and yours
- We will follow a strict social distancing policy and please do not come out to greet our delivery personnel
- Being at home is not necessary at this time, and we will be scheduling deliveries as quickly as possible to all areas
- We will be planning multiple deliveries to the same general locations for the same days, so picking a specific date is not available at this time.
We will continue to offer our installation service pricing remains the same.
- Strict social distancing policy with installation personnel, if the installation staff ever feels uncomfortable, they have been instructed to leave the property
- Delivery/mobilization fees will still be at full price for installations
If you have any questions about any of our updated policies and procedures, contact us today and we’d be happy to answer them!
We will continue to monitor the situation and take all precautions to ensure the safety and well-being of our customers, our staff, and communities. We value you as a customer and are grateful for the opportunity to offer you a little bit of sunshine. We urge you to do whatever you can to stay healthy and help others stay healthy. In times such as this, there is no place like home and in the garden!