Delivery and Custom Installation
March 27, 2020
(please be aware information may change daily)
We would like to provide an update for you in regard to COVID-19 and the Wake County Stay At Home order as they relate to our business operations. As we are a part of the food supply chain and deemed as an essential business by the Department of Homeland Security CISA and the North Carolina Department of Agriculture, we WILL remain open through the duration of the Stay At Home order, BUT beginning Saturday 3/28 we will only allow customer traffic in the garden center by appointment only. We feel that we have a responsibility to serve our local community by providing homegrown vegetable plants, herbs, seeds, fertilizers, soils, tools and anything else that you may need to grow your own garden at home. We will also continue delivery services and curbside pick- up orders.
The safety of our customers and staff is of utmost importance to us so we will set the limit of appointments to 15 per half hour with the first batch beginning at 9:00 am and the last being 5:30 pm (4:30 pm on Sundays). We have over three acres of open shopping space and feel that this number of people in that space allows plenty of room for customers to spread out and maintain personal distance.
We ask that you take the following steps before and during your visit:
- Please only visit if you are feeling well and do not have a fever
- Please maintain at least six feet of personal space between other customers and staff
- Please only touch what you intend to buy
- We prefer no cash transactions
We will stick with these modes of business operations (in store by appointment shopping, delivery and curbside pick-up) until the Wake County Stay At Home order is lifted. If there is a statewide mandate in the future, this will continue to be our plan.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation and as always, thank you for your business.
At Fairview Garden Center, our purpose is to provide our community the opportunity to create and experience joy through gardening. We are passionate about gardening and providing you with the plants, products and services you need to create your own oasis and improve your mental and physical health.
Uncertain times can create stress, so now is the perfect time to get outside and breathe in some fresh air, soak up some vitamin D, and dig in the dirt. Your back yard can become the bright spot that brings joy to your day.
Our focus has always been on the well-being of our customers, our staff and their families and that focus is an even bigger priority today. As the spread of COVID-19 continues to be a concern across the country, we want to share with you the preventative measures we’re taking to assure you can confidently shop with us.
Shopping cart sanitation stations are set up throughout the store. Staff will continue to sanitize carts throughout the day. Nursery carts will still be available and will be sanitized as well.
Doors that are not automatic will remain open. We will maintain this extra airflow measure if cool temperatures will not be detrimental to the plant material.
Doors, doorknobs, counters, and high traffic areas will be sanitized throughout the day.
Hand sanitizer will be available in the retail area
Staff members will be required to sanitize regularly throughout the day.
Social distancing between staff and customers will be required
When visiting, please only touch the items that you will be purchasing.
Finally, if you can’t come to the garden center to shop we are offering other options. Just give us a call to discuss your gardening needs and you can pick up curbside or we will be happy to deliver your order.
We encourage you to shop from home. Please remember that the images and information on our website and blog do not necessarily reflect availability. Please call, email or fill out a contact form to confirm availability and place orders. This is still a work in process so please be patient.
Easy ways to make an order for pick up or delivery:
- Call us at 919-851-6821
- Fill out a contact form located on this page or our Contact Page
- Contact us through any of our social media accounts
- Email – email@example.com
- Orders placed before 12:00 PM should be ready for same day pickup. Orders placed after 12:00 PM may not be ready until the next business day for pick up.
- We will call or email when the order is complete and ready for pick up.
- Payment must be made over the phone before order pick up.
Delivery only, either in the driveway or to the front porch, at this time we cannot place any plant material, space things out, or move to the backyard, etc.
We will not enter any home or business at any point, this is for our safety and yours
We will follow a strict social distancing policy and please do not come out to greet our delivery personnel
Being at home is not necessary at this time, and we will be scheduling deliveries as quickly as possible to all areas
We will be planning multiple deliveries to the same general locations for the same days, so picking a specific date is not available at this time.
We will continue to offer our installation service pricing remains the same.
Strict social distancing policy with installation personnel, if the installation staff ever feels uncomfortable, they have been instructed to leave the property
Delivery/mobilization fees will still be at full price for installations
If you have any questions about any of our updated policies and procedures, contact us today and we’d be happy to answer them!
We will continue to monitor the situation and take all precautions to ensure the safety and well-being of our customers, our staff, and communities. We value you as a customer and are grateful for the opportunity to offer you a little bit of sunshine. We urge you to do whatever you can to stay healthy and help others stay healthy. In times such as this, there is no place like home and in the garden!
Brad Rollins & Family
Garden and Plant Installation
Let us help you get the job done right!
Professionally planted, convenient for you, with our expert delivery and installation service, it’s easy to sit back and enjoy as your garden comes to life. We understand these plants are special and we are happy to do the dirty work so you can thoroughly enjoy your investment. Our experts will help you pick out the best plants, and deliver and plant them right in your garden. Fairview Planted, Inc. is proud to provide professional installation of high quality Fairview Garden Center plants to exceed your landscaping goals!
What’s included in our Basic Planting Service?
A fixed rate is charged to plant, based on the size of the plant container. An extra charge applies if staking is needed for trees. Delivery is included in the fee, although a delivery surcharge may be added depending on your distance from our garden center.
$10 per gallon includes:
- Professional installation
- Soil Amendment
- Root Starter Fertilizer
The minimum charge for this service is $150.
**Planting area needs to be cleared of plants, stumps, debris, etc. and ready for planting.
Our Expert Planting Installation Process: What You Need to Know
- After purchasing your Fairview Garden Center plants you will schedule your install with Fairview Planted, Inc. with a Fairview cashier.
- At the time of purchase, you will receive the Fairview Planted starter kit. Within the kit you will find plant care information as well as marking flags. The flags should be used to mark where you would like each plant installed.
- We will submit an 811 Utility Locate for your planting site. Please make sure the planting area is easily accessible (no locked gates or animals in the yard) in order to facilitate locates for all utility lines!
- We will then schedule your installation date. Installations are usually scheduled on Tuesdays and should take place within 2 to 3 weeks of purchase date. You are more than welcome to be home at the time of planting, or the crew is able to rely on your flags to ensure all plant material is installed in the correct location.
- Planting area needs to be cleared of plants, stumps, debris, etc and ready for planting.
- You will receive an email notification of your planting date, a copy of your paid in full invoice and a reminder call prior to service.
- On the day of planting, the planting crew will arrive on site in a timely manner. Planting includes digging the appropriate sized hole(s), amending the soil to allow for proper drainage and aeration, and finishing the planting with root promoting fertilizer. If a water source and hose are accessible, the crew will also water in any plant material. At this point the crew will also stake any trees and shrubs if you, the customer, chose to add on this service.
- The crew will then clean up the site, and haul off all excess materials.
How to Care For Fairview Planted Trees and Shrubs
Now that you’ve got your beautiful new garden, how do you take care of it? Fairview Garden Center has come up with a helpful guide to your beautiful plant varieties.View it here
Get Started Today
We can’t wait to help you turn your dream garden into a reality, so contact Fairview Garden Center today, or just visit us in person, to get started! We’ve been helping people with all of their gardening needs since 1974 and would love for our next project to be yours. We’ll see you soon!